We are looking for a Life Science Application Specialist
Vironova is now searching for a Life Sciences Application Specialist to act both as a consultant and trainer for customers and as an internal technical resource, exploring opportunities to develop analytical insights through the proper use of Vironova software and microscopy solutions.
Looking for a new challenge? Join our US team at Vironova!
After assessing the application’s specific challenges and needs, you will, in collaboration with Vironova’s sales, marketing and R&D department, be in charge of performing experimental analysis to develop processes which provide reliable information from which users can make informed decisions in process development and manufacturing environments. You will also perform hands on training as well as scientific coaching (experimental plan designs and result analysis).
You will work closely with the sales and marketing team to generate and grow the business; plan and execute product demonstrations and trials; and act as an internal product specialist to assist Product Owners and R&D in the development of new applications and improvement of current ones.
Traveling to clients and conferences is part of the position.
What you need to succeed
You will join a scientific team focused on solving analytical challenges for our clients. Therefore, you need to have:
- A Master’s degree in Applied Biology, Sciences or Biotechnology Engineer or equivalent experience;
- Up to 5 years of experience in the field of biotechnology/biopharma;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Excellent organization of time and an ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines;
- An ability to develop relationships with customers and within Vironova.
It is advantageous if you have previous experience with electron microscopy, a good understanding of image analysis techniques and/or previous experience with basic programming or workflow scripting. Experience of expression in upstream and downstream processes as well as relevant life science knowledge in virology/gene therapy is a plus.