We are looking for a Scientist in Electron Microscopy
Vironova is now searching for a Scientist to the Electron Microscopy Services unit. Join a multicultural team of passionate scientists focusing on delivering high quality electron microscopy analysis to our diverse portfolio of clients.
As a Scientist in the Electron Microscopy Services unit at Vironova you will join a multicultural team of passionate scientists focusing on delivering high quality electron microscopy analysis to our diverse portfolio of clients.
Our clients are key players in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry working in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery field. At Vironova we are in a rapid expansion phase as the demand for our services is continuously increasing, and we are looking for people with experience in both ns TEM and cryo TEM to boost our team.
Be working in the first Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified electron microscopy facility. Our laboratory has been built from scratch for its intended use, and this is a great opportunity for you to develop and add new skills to your portfolio. You will take active part in maintaining and continuing to develop our laboratory, quality system and work processes. You will be involved in cross functional activities: interacting with clients, supporting the sales team with scientific knowledge, helping to further develop our proprietary image analysis software, and participating in the development of our EM analysis methods.
For this position, you are expected to:
- Have theoretical and practical experience for at least 6 months in performing the full process that involves negative stain electron microscopy and/or cryo electron microscopy
- Have at least 2 years of experience in laboratory work with biological samples within at least biosafety level 1 category
- Be willing to learn more about the electron microscopy technique adapted to the environment and routines that we have in place at our laboratory
- Have a good team player attitude since all the different tasks of the job offer are multidisciplinary tasks and involve communication with different departments at Vironova as well as clients
- Have good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
It is a plus if you have:
- Background knowledge in virology, molecular biology, or another related fields
- Experience with biological samples with biosafety level 2 category or higher
- Experience with client interactions and sales processes
- Experience from working in a regulatory (GMP) environment
What will you gain from joining us?
- Expertise in electron microscopy
- Scientific knowledge in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry working in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery field
- Continuous development of your skills and capabilities, both professionally and personally
- Training in our quality system (GMP)
- A good working environment where you will meet a multidisciplinary team with a high team spirit that is willing to share their knowledge and experience