This Investor Relations page contains information about Vironova and about the business relevant to shareholders and potential investors. Vironova is a Swedish biotechnology company providing comprehensive hardware, software, and services for the analysis of nanoparticles. We specialize in electron microscopy, with a 10-year track record of services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Vironova business and market position
Vironova is a private Swedish company, pioneering technology that can be used in development and quality-control of new drugs and vaccines. More specifically, Vironova specializes in electron microscopy for analyzing nanoparticles, with a 10-year track record of services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Typical nanoparticles analyzed by Vironova technologies are:
- Lipid based carriers used to transport drugs to their exact targets in the body
- Gene therapy vectors used to introduce new genetic material into target cells
- Virus-based vaccines e.g. for influenza
- The technology is also used in testing biological drug substances to determine final product purity and stability.
Significant disruptive achievements are:
- Rendering powerful, but prohibitively complex, transmission electron microscopy (TEM) user-friendly and accessible through automation
- Developing it in accordance with pharmaceutical regulatory systems for use in drug and vaccine development
- Providing a one-stop-shop of expert services with in-house technology (MiniTEM) and software(VAS) to support this very complex and specialized area.
The Vironova offering enables the pharmaceutical industry to make faster and better-informed decisions for developing robust processes and final product quality.
Products and services
Vironova is the sole full stack actor on the market providing a complete value chain of TEM hardware, software and services in a comprehensive integrated offering.
- Hardware: MiniTEM™, a desktop, user-friendly transmission electron microscope designed for nanoparticle characterization. ViroTEM™ is an automated and versatile system for analysis and characterization of nanoparticles, viral-based biotherapeutics and other applications in biotherapeutic development and production.
- Software: The stand-alone Vironova Analyzer Software (VAS), used to automatically extract data from TEM images into graph-plotting and report-generating tools. Saves up to 6 hours per sample compared to manual approaches. The VAS is compatible with Vironova’s MiniTEM, as well as instruments by other suppliers. Vironova Image Analysis Software (VIAS)an imaging and analysis software that controls transmission electron microscopes (TEM) and provides semi-automatic image acquisition as well as subsequent analysis and data presentation. The software can control the MiniTEM and ViroTEM™ systems.
- EM Services: Our Electron Microscopy Services team is specialized in analysis of nanoparticles for established biopharmaceuticals (e.g. viral based vaccines) and emerging therapies such as gene therapy.
- Biosafety: Our contract research organization (CRO) specialized in viral clearance studies for biological drugs.
- Know-how: World-leading, multi-disciplinary expertise in electron microscopy, digital photography devices, artificial intelligence, machine learning, software development and image analytics.
Our position in the market
The current imaging technology market is fragmented with separate suppliers of electron microscopes, cameras, image analysis software, and contract research services. Vironova is today the only actor to provide integrated hardware, software and services. In addition, Vironova is alone in developing systems in accordance with pharmaceutical regulatory systems.
This multidisciplinary offering is one of a kind, putting Vironova in a position to lead developments in this emerging area.
Many years as service provider gives Vironova a special position in providing purpose-built solutions for automated nanoparticle characterization. Our offering is tailored to meet specific requirements in biopharmaceutical development for cell and gene therapy, vaccines and drug delivery.
Annual General Meeting 2020
The Annual General Meeting of Vironova AB will be held on Monday 29th June 2020 at 14.00, at the Company's premises, at Gävlegatan 22, in Stockholm - Sweden.