Vironova business and market position
Vironova is a private Swedish company, pioneering technology that can be used in development and quality-control of new drugs and vaccines. More specifically, Vironova specializes in electron microscopy for analyzing nanoparticles, with a 10-year track record of services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Typical nanoparticles analyzed by Vironova technologies are:
- Lipid based carriers used to transport drugs to their exact targets in the body
- Gene therapy vectors used to introduce new genetic material into target cells
- Virus-based vaccines e.g. for influenza
- The technology is also used in testing biological drug substances to determine final product purity and stability.
Significant disruptive achievements are:
- Rendering powerful, but prohibitively complex, transmission electron microscopy (TEM) user-friendly and accessible through automation
- Developing it in accordance with pharmaceutical regulatory systems for use in drug and vaccine development
- Providing a one-stop-shop of expert services with in-house technology (MiniTEM) and software(VAS) to support this very complex and specialized area.
The Vironova offering enables the pharmaceutical industry to make faster and better-informed decisions for developing robust processes and final product quality.