Annual General Meeting
The shareholders of Vironova AB are hereby invited to the Annual General Meeting on Friday 29June 2018 at13.00, at the Company’s premises, Gävleatan 22, Stockholm.
Vironova business and market position
Vironova is a private Swedish company, pioneering technology that can be used in development and quality-control of new drugs and vaccines. More specifically, Vironova specializes in electron microscopy for analyzing nanoparticles, with a 10-year track record of services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Typical nanoparticles analyzed by Vironova technologies are:
- Lipid based carriers used to transport drugs to their exact targets in the body
- Gene therapy vectors used to introduce new genetic material into target cells
- Virus-based vaccines e.g. for influenza
- The technology is also used in testing biological drug substances to determine final product purity and stability.
Significant disruptive achievements are:
- Rendering powerful, but prohibitively complex, transmission electron microscopy (TEM) user-friendly and accessible through automation
- Developing it in accordance with pharmaceutical regulatory systems for use in drug and vaccine development
- Providing a one-stop-shop of expert services with in-house technology (MiniTEM) and software(VAS) to support this very complex and specialized area.
The Vironova offering enables the pharmaceutical industry to make faster and better-informed decisions for developing robust processes and final product quality.